Commercial Pilot Course Series
The reality is that the FAA's commercial pilot training requirements and commercial training programs do not effectively prepare pilots to exercise the privileges of their commercial pilot certificate. Upon completion of your commercial pilot checkride, you will likely find yourself grossly unprepared and unequipped to exercise your privileges as a commercial pilot. Why?
- Commercial pilot training fails to emphasize or remedy the biggest challenges in flying for hire
- Commercial pilot training fails to provide practical advice for finding a job flying airplanes
- Commercial pilot training fails to provide practical knowledge on flying larger, more complex aircraft
- Commercial pilot training fails to provide knowledge or experience flying as a crew
- Commercial pilot training requires flying maneuvers that will never be used in real-life
- Commercial pilot training fails to cover the personal, social, and mental challenges of flying professionally
- Commercial pilot training fails to explain how to effectively study for type ratings
In an effort to fill in the massive holes left in commercial pilot flight training, Oregon Flight School has developed a 3-part commercial pilot course series that will cover the aforementioned shortcomings, as well as many others. This course will be be useful to the commercial pilot applicant as well as those of you who already hold a commercial pilot certificate because it is NOT a course designed to teach to any test - it is a course designed for real-life Commercial Pilot flying.
Commercial Pilot Course Part I: Passing Your Checkride, Oral, and Written Knowledge Test. This FREE short course covers how to most effectively pass the commercial pilot checkride, oral, and FAA written knowledge test.
Commercial Pilot Course Part II: Low Time Flying Jobs. This course covers all aspects of bridging the gap between 250 and 1,500 hours. It is available now in hardcover and ebook form now, and will be available as an online video course soon.
Commercial Pilot Course Part III: Your First Copilot Job. This course will cover everything you need to know to become successful as a first-time professional copilot. This course is currently being developed.